Thursday, May 23, 2013

We Can Do It!

With the school year coming to a close, I wanted students to reflect on their experiences and start looking forward to the future.  I read Cloudette by Tom Lichtenheld to show them that we all make a difference by our actions.  This delightful story shows the transformation of a small cloud that feels that she can't do what other clouds are able to accomplish because of her small size.

After reading the story aloud, we brain"stormed" (hehehe) the message the author was trying to teach us.  We all gained a feeling that we can do anything if we put our minds to it.  I then had students create a flip book demonstrating what they wanted to accomplish in the next school year.  Using the year 2013, they came up with:
  • 2: two goals I have for next school year (academic, social, behavioral)
  • 0: something I'd like to stop doing (habits, choices)
  • 1: one thing I am worried about
  • 3: three new things I'd like to learn/try
 


No comments:

Post a Comment